Health Basics

Friday, April 13, 2012

Yeah baby, I like it raw!

Get your head out of the gutter you silly rabbit! I'm talking about my food. For those of you who ask, "so what on earth do you eat?," here is a glimpse of what I had today for lunch. It was raw and definately from the earth. I do not eat salad's everyday but I definately could with the right dressing on hand. Here is a run down of what I had:

Green power salad, Brocolli-Tahini pate
Tahini-Ginger salad dressing
 This green power salad is a mix of field greens, kale, collard greens and parsley. Green and red onions was added for flavor and a sprinkle of dulse flakes and herbamere seasoning gave it a nice little punch as well as a boost of iodine. Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods. Kale is high in calcium and full of protein.

This Brocolli-Tahini pate provides 10g of protein and provides loads of minerals and antioxidants to help prevent cancer. It can be spread on crackers or served as a dip. I will be dipping mine in some pita chips. (No the chips are not raw, but they don't have any partially hydrogogenated oils or other baddies in it :)

I put my foot in this homemade Tahini-Ginger dressing. It is creamy and full of flavor. It has a real snappy taste and you would never know that it is dairy-free. Both the Brocolli-Tahini Pate' and the Tahini-Ginger salad dressing are courtesy of the Raw Revolution Diet by Cheria Soria, Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina.  This book is awesome and is definately a must have for anyone looking to get into raw foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment