Health Basics

Friday, March 30, 2012

You eat ALL of THAT????

Yes, I eat drink all of this!
So since I've had the twins, I've been juicing like CRAZY! For one I don't have much time to make an elaborate meal and secondly I need loads of extra vitamins minerals and other nutrients because I am breastfeeding. So I figured the best way to make sure I'm getting an adequate intake of phytonutrients is to juice in addition to my regular food intake. I've been juicing about twice a day. Each day I like to switch it up so I don't get bored. Here is what I had yesterday :



  • Green Chard
  • Kale
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Cilantro
  • Celery
  • Carrot
  • Apple
  • Pineapple
I typically will add an apple or piece of pineapple to take the edge off the greens. This makes the juice take on a sweeter flavor. If you are new to juicing and aren't sugar sensitive I would suggest doing this until you are used to drinking green juices.

There are countless benefits to juicing. Its easy on the digestive system. Its easy for the body to absorb the vitamins and minerals that the whole food has to offer because the juice is in liquid form. It's fast and convenient for those on the go and you don't have to worry about not getting the proper amount of fruits  and vegetables each day. It provides TONS of energy. It will give you the pick me up you need to get your day going. Its low in calories and did I mention how super easy it is?

What's your favorite juice combination and what benefits have you noticed from juicing on a regular basis? Leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I am new to juicing and I love it! My favorite combo right now is lemon, apple, parsley, pineapple and broccoli. I've been looking for a juice with cilantro, so I'll definitely try yours. Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome combo. I will definately try that one. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete